LANA presents four awards at the annual Membership meeting held at the Hobo Classic Llama Show. They are the Adult Follow Me, the Youth Follow Me, HummDinger and the Lifetime Achievement Awards. The qualifications for each award are listed below.
LANA AWARDS GUIDELINES AND CONSIDERATIONS
1. Number of Awards: An individual may receive each award only once.
2. Award Criteria Considerations: The nominee for any award is recognized and respected by peers or the community at large for any combination of the activities below.
The nominee has:
a) made contributions relevant to the award level through active participation, advocacy, or leadership in a manner consistent with the highest standards of the organization.
b) demonstrated creativity, innovation, intellectual or moral courage, team building or leadership skills
c) had a positive impact on the quality of life of lamas, the community or lama owners.
d) fostered cooperation and mutual support among peers, organization or lama community at large.
e) contributed to public understanding or support for lamas
f) written, published, or produced articles in the newsletter, publications or on the web significantly contributing to LANA’s Mission statement
g) been active with related groups resulting in a partnering to achieve goals or sharing knowledge with other groups.
h) been active in promoting and disseminating information development or utilization of lamas within the philosophy of LANA.
i) been a LANA ambassador, promoting LANA and service programs.
j) active in community or public service advancing benefits to camelids or the community.
k) contributed to or enhanced LANA programs, mission statement or goals by
1) sponsoring, participating in, or guiding medical research specific to llamas and alpacas
2) providing current and accurate information about camelid health and care
3) advocating for pro-camelid legislation and access to public lands
4) encouraging, educating, and mentoring camelid enthusiasts of all ages with their interactions with camelids
5) supporting rescue for camelids in distress
6) hosting or supporting activities including youth programs, hiking trips, shows, parades, fiber clinics, educational events and more
3. LANA Awards
a. Follow Me – Adult (may be awarded for a single achievement or several impacting
1. Is supportive of lamas in word and deed.
2. Volunteers time, energy and resources.
3. Sets a service and leadership example for others to follow.
b. Follow Me – Youth
1. Is involved in lama events and youth lama programs.
2. Serves as a leader and mentor to other youth.
3. Provides community service with a willing spirit.
4. Works hard and challenges his/her peers to emulate the example set.
1. Has demonstrated a long-term commitment to lamas.
2. Embodies the mission statement of LANA.
3. Demonstrates exceptional commitment, service and support of the lama community.
4. Positively impacts the lama community.
d. Lifetime Achievement (not necessarily awarded every year)
1. Has provided a lengthy bank of service and commitment.
2. Has positively impacted the entire lama community.
4. Selection and Award Process:
a) The BOD will consider and make selections for the Follow Me Adult and Youth, Humm Dinger, and Lifetime Achievement Award by December of each year. Not all awards will necessarily be determined for each year.
b) The BOD will commission the creation of awards and determine how and when they are to be awarded. They may be awarded at an event or via hand delivery or via US Mail.
1. Award write ups will be assigned to BOD members for reading during presentations or for providing a written statement to the awardees if it is not possible to make a presentation in person.
2. Awards article will be prepared for LANA newsletter and included on the website’s list of previous award winners.
Revised October 21, 2021